Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cravings: Rice Krispie treats and ice cream

So a couple weeks ago you may have seen my Facebook status about it being unfortunate to crave something that is not sold here in Japan, on base or off. Well, what I was craving was Rice Krispie Treat Cereal. I don't know if you know what it is, not very many people have heard of it, but it comes in a purple box and is one of my absolute favorite cereals out there. I also just love Rice Krispie Treats in general. Whenever my mom would make them I would eat half the pan all by myself. I couldn't help it, they are so addicting. So when I woke up with this craving that morning, I decided I would try making Rice Krispie treats and see if that would satisfy the craving. I went out and bought the stuff, getting marshmallow creme instead of marshmallows. I have never seen them made with the creme but I heard that it was the same. But then I came home and didn't get around to making the treats. One, because Garrett wasn't home that week and I figured I shouldn't tempt fate by making them and 'saving' some for him. Who knows how well that would've worked out. Second... no basically that's the only reason. I didn't want to be a complete fatty. Well here it is, probably about three weeks later and I finally decided to make them today. I'm not sure how I feel about using the creme so far, they aren't bad, but they don't seem as sweet. Now that they are made however, I'm afraid that having Garrett around isn't going to help me not to eat as much... This is so not good, but that's okay to splurge on my eating every once in a while right? I eat pretty healthily otherwise and in small portions.
Cravings are the worst though. I haven't had any weird combo cravings, but I have had a sweet tooth. Ice cream always sounds so good. I think I've gotten more soft serve ice cream cones in the last three months than I have in the last three years! It's bad when Garrett and I go to the BX because they have Baskin Robbins and I always want to get a cone. Garrett being the loving husband that he is, never objects to buying me one. I have a few friends who want to have ice cream movie nights when I come back to The States over the summer, and I joked that I would be so fat those few weeks, but it's looking like it won't be anything out of the ordinary. How sad. But at least my sweet tooth isn't only for processed sugary treats. I've also loved eating bananas, strawberries, and kiwi.
I'm really noticing a baby bump now. It's not large, but it's there and it's round. Though it could be mistake for gaining a few extra pounds to others, I can tell it's a baby bump simply because there's no extra love handles to grab. It's purely in my belly. I love seeing my belly! I know some women have a hard time with the extra weight gain, but I love seeing my bump and knowing that my little one is growing inside of me and getting what he/she needs. I can't wait for it to become more obvious and I can start really feeling the baby move around!
Well, I will end this now and start posting baby bump pictures more regularly as it starts showing to others more visibly!

2 comments:

  1. Ice cream and chocolate milk were the only things I ever craved while pregnant - and I hesitate to even call it cravings because I really think my body just wanted calcium. I had a glass of chocolate milk (made with nesquick so it wasn't bad for me) almost every night. So, if you start feeling really bad about the ice cream, you could try chocolate milk and see if that kicks it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one with the sweet tooth thing! Definitely post pictures soon! :) I wanna see your bump! :)

    ReplyDelete